Re: [proaudio] Fixing rt-sources for splashutils compilation problem

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:35:03 +0200
SteelRage <keywiz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there to everyone
>
> when rt-sources-2.6.16-r29 are installed, the merge of
> splashutils-1.1.9.10-r1 fails, complaining about an error in input.h
> the fix is quite easy (credits:
> http://www.helpfeeds.com/showthread.php?p=1139679):
>
> You can try to fix it manually by moving the line "#ifdef __KERNEL__"
> from somewhere (about line 839) right above the In-kernel definitions
> to a position before the declaration of struct input_device_id (about
> line 799) in the file usr/src/linux/include/linux/input.h from the
> kernel source tree.
>
> Beside Note: This seems to be fixed in 2.6.17
>  Here there should be a patch:
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=84477&action=view
>
> I tested it and now the merge of splashutils works.
> greetz
>

> Paolo
>

> and the rest of this thread

In general it's splashutils that should be fixed, not the kernel.
splashutils are userspace stuff and therefore have to live with being
broken, same as nvidia drivers and such. It's never the kernel that has
to be fixed.

Tom