Re: [proaudio] Fixing rt-sources for splashutils compilation problem

Dominique Michel ha scritto:
I was trying that on my 2006.1 install yesterday. The problem I get is at the
kernel compilation failed early with this modification. So I set the file in
its original state and it compiled without problem. Have you try to compile a
kernel?

I have not applied the patch but only modified input.h by hand. Maybe at it is
something more in the patch.

I get one more problem with it. I have done a first kernel without bootsplah
and this one work fine. After that, I reinstalled the rt-sources with
fbsplash and vesafb-tng. As gensplash was not installed on the system, it was
necessary to modify input.h and run a make modules-prepare in the kernel tree.
It did it fine. But I get an error when compiling the kernel, so I reversed the
modification in input.h. Now, I get an error at boot time with this kernel
about a wrong module format or something like that. It appear to early in the
boot process and I don't find this error in my log files.

It is very strange because I have exactly the same kernel in my old install,
and it work like a charm. I want to unmerge rt-sources as well as the
lib/modules directory and remerge rt-sources and do a fresh kernel compil with
it. But I am busy with something else just now.

Ciao,
Dominique

Damn, it seems you're right.
After modifying the input.h file by hand, the emerge of splashutils works... But the kernel compilation fails immediatly, instead :\
Reverting to the original input.h let the kernel be compiled.
Now I'm a bit busy too, so I cannot try the patch to see if it still gives that problem. A solution could be to try a 2.6.17 rt-kernel or a previous splashutils ebuild (I didn't have problems before the upgrade).

About a week ago (when having problems with snd_mia) I had wrong module format errors too, but it was unrelated to splashutils; a reboot with the new kernel, modules-update and make mrproper seem to have solved everything.
Ciao

Paolo