Re: [proaudio] swh-plugins/gcc-4.1.1

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 07:56:05AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>   Is swh-plugins known to compile correctly using gcc-4.1.1? The
> stable version (0.4.11) failed as I'm rebuilding my main AMD64 machine
> here with the new version of gcc. I'll try 0.4.13 or 0.4.14 later when
> this whole process finishes, hopefully later today, but I thought I'd
> ask to see if there are known problems.
>
>   575 packages on my system. I started the rebuild on Saturday but
> had some issues with older C compilers still hanging around. I got
> them sorted out and now have about 60 packages left. 7 failures so far
> out of about 515 done.

fwiw, I'm not sure I believe gcc 4.1 on gentoo is ready for prime time.
I just switched my laptop to gcc 4.1, following the upgrade
guide, and aside from the joy of waiting hours and hours for
emerge -e system followed by emerge -e world with a number of failures
to fix along the way, a number of people including me are seeing gaim
segfaults and there's no known workaround yet AFAICT, so I have no chat
on my laptop now.

That's the only showstopper I've found *so far* but I haven't tried to
run any audio apps on the laptop yet.

Oh, and I can't compile libhydrogen for some reason.

Until I get this laptop sorted out, I will *not* be updating
my main desktop.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com