Re: [proaudio] problem: jackd, real-time, permissions?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it. However, I still get these errors:

cannot lock down memory for jackd (Cannot allocate memory)
cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 20) [for thread
49156, from thread 49156] (1: Operation not permitted)

I think this is a permissions error or something incorrect with my PAM
configuration, but I can't seem to figure out where the problem is,
particularly since the howto on the wiki doesn't specify any steps
other than emerging the overlay's PAM and changing limits.conf.

Renick

On 7/29/06, Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> # /etc/security/limits.conf
> # REALTIME support for audio group users
> @audio - rtprio 90
> @audio - nice -5
> @audio - memlock 512000
Sorry for the delay, why not use the max rtprio

@audio - rtprio 99
and
@audio - nice -10

Less nice value give higher priority.