[proaudio] Has anyone experimented with different rlimits values in /etc/security/limits.conf?

Greetings,

I was just wondering if anyone has played around with different values for the rlimits-aware PAM.  I'm asking, because I'm wondering if they can be altered for better Jack performance.

I have an AMD64 X2 with 2GB of RAM, and although Jack performs much better now after I've rebuilt and optimized my system, I still consistently get an xrun after ~30 minutes of using LinuxSampler with the PMI Bösendorfer 290 Gig-v3 sample library.

I've changed the defaults:

@audio    -    rtprio 100
@audio    -    nice -10
@audio    -    memlock 250000

...to this:

@audio    -    rtprio 100
@audio    -    nice -20
@audio    -    memlock 1024000

...and I *think* (although I could be imagining things) that it's working a little better.  But I'm wondering if anyone else has any insight to offer on this.

Thanks,

Colin