Re: [proaudio] wiki up'n'running

Thomas Kuther wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I set up a (very basic) wiki for the overlay, nothing special. Maybe we
> can need that for something.. for example posting howtos for some
> apps etc.. ;)
>
> the url is: http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki
>
> Regards,
> Tom

Well... As I wrote on the forum-thread, I re-started writing an howto
about audio and HD recording on Gentoo (maybe, if I get some help, it'll
be "ported" for other distributions).
For now the link is http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-461286.html and
it's written in Italian.
If somebody is interested, I can start translating it in English; maybe
could it be a starting point for the wiki?
The subjects right now are:

- Installation of evermind's overlay
- Configuration of Jack
- Configuration of 2.4 and 2.6 kernels to have realtime-lsm working
- Notes on alsa-drivers (supposed already installed)
- Introduction to vst
- Quick list of main packages for HD recording with a brief description

TODO list:
- integrating these 2 guides:
http://demudi.agnula.org/wiki/Low-latencyKernelBuildingHowto and
http://ck.kolivas.org/faqs/audio_hints
- tips for EQ, mixing, mastering, automation
- introduction on main effects used in GD recording (help appreciated)
- Adding descriptions for other programs, after I'll have tested them
(bristol, wired, etc etc)

Let me know

Paolo