Re: [pok] Question about POK and plans for graphical libraries

Le Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 01:54:40PM -0500, Julien Savard :
> I was wondering if there was any plan for POK to support graphical libraries
> (for example, OpenGL on the x86 target) in the future. Of course, I suppose it
> would also imply to support some C++ libraries as well.

At this time, no. But if you think about it, let's do it :-)

If you plan to do such an integration, I think you should consider the
following things :
1. OpenGL SC. This is OpenGL for safety-critical software. Having such
an implementation in POK would be a really disruptive innovation.
However, I do know if this would be a real significant effort or not.
2. You can have an example of a tiny OpenGL library by having a look at
Kastor (http://kastor.opaak.org/bin/view/Kastor/Home). This is a really
tiny Operating System that contain an OpenGL library. If this is not
very impressive in terms of performance and everything is performed by
software (no hardware integration), it could provide some ideas about
how to proceed.

Hope that answer your questions :-)

Best regards,