Re: [pok-devel] Linker script and base address

I do not remember any specific guidelines for this so far.

Julien.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Maxim Malkov <malkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello!

Are there any specific reasons why x86 partition linker script uses zero
as base address?
(misc/ldscripts/x86/x86-qemu/partitions.lds)

With this setup, "main" function tends to land on 0x0 memory address,
and although it works, it's kinda running on the blade of undefined
behaviour (NULL pointer has very special meaning in C).

I've tried to bump it to 0x1000, and it seems to work so far.

--
Maxim Malkov
Software Engineering Department, ISPRAS