Re: [pok-devel] Question about the PROCESS_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE::TIME_CAPACITY under POK

Le Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 03:40:27PM -0500, Julien Savard :
> I had a question about the POK implementation of the TIME_CAPACITY attribute
> when creating a process. According to ARINC 653, I believe it is suppose to be
> the deadline time, but since the DEADLINE attribute fills that role under POK,
> I wondered what was the meaning of the TIME_CAPACITY value?

In the kernel, you have the time_capacity attribute that matches the
meaning of time capacity of ARINC653. The time capacity is NOT the
deadline. This is not an absolute time but a time quantum. This is the
maximum processing time that could be used by a process (let's say the
maximum execution time) whereas the deadline is an absolute time for the
completion of its work.

Hope that it clarifies these points :-)