Re: [pok-devel] stack size

Le Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 03:38:31PM +0100, Matias Hastaran :
> A little question about the stack size (for a thread):
> Is the stack size value fixed to POK_USER_STACK_SIZE (8096) ?

I do not remember exactly because I did not write this part of the code.
However, as far as I remember, the stack size if fixed and not changed,
even if you specify a particular size when creating a task.

> For the deadline value, when POK generate the partition code, it sets the deadline value with the period value, this is an error : the deadline value must take HARD or SOFT values. Even if the deadline value isn't use in the kernel, shouldn't we use the good value (HARD or SOFT) during the code generation ?
> While being at it, where, in the kernel, can I find the deadline equivalent value ? (deadline = A time by which a process must have completed a certain activity) ?

As dicussed before, generated code use only HARD deadline. So, the
generated code should generate HARD deadline and nothing else. However,
I do not remember the exact interfaces so I cannot tell you if the
generated code is correct or not. If you can provide example from the
standard, it might be possible to provide more inputs on that potential
issue.

Best regards,