Re: [pok-devel] Question about POK's supported platform

Le 21/12/2011 09:51, Laurent Lec a écrit :
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Ficheux Pierre
<pierre.ficheux@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
May be Syslinux on the USB stick should be fine as loader, will try it !

Hi Pierre, hi all,

I am sending a few files I wrote as a student (adaptations might be
required, I cannot test them right now). I am sure you'll find a way
to adapt them.

This will create a raw image that you can dd on a USB stick.

Have fun!

We did it with GRUB 0.97 on QEMU + Atom/N270 based PC (with Matias Hastaran, a new OW intern).

POK image is installed on a USB stick (/dev/sdb) :

# grub-install --no-floppy --root-directory=/media/USBSTICK /dev/sdb
$ cp pok.elk /media/USBSTICK
$ cp grub.conf /media/USBSTICK/boot/grub

grub.conf is the following:

default	0
timeout 5

title POK
      root (hd0,0)
      kernel /pok.elf

Should work with GRUB2 which is much more complicated...will send the config later.

Regards

--
Pierre FICHEUX  -/- CTO OWI, France -\- pierre.ficheux@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                         http://ingenierie.openwide.fr