Re: [pok-devel] Question about POK's supported platform

Le Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 05:06:25PM -0500, Julien Savard :
> Hello,
>
> Your documentation indicates that POK supports a x86 platform emulated with
> QEMU.
> I wonder: what is missing for it to run a specific x86 board?  What work should
> be done to port it on such a board? Would it be tedious?

Dear Julien,

Thanks for contacting us. As for now, we tested the POK kernel on QEMU
and never try to execute it on real hardware. This is more due to a lack
of interest than a missing support. I assume this would work without any
issue but as usual: as long as you never tried, it is difficult to say
would work or not.

Anyway, if you plan to try, please let us know the result and if you
want to contribute to POK, we will be happy to see you in the developers
list.

Best regards,