[pok-devel] Re: [second letter] hello pok project leader.

On 03/04/2011 04:09 AM, 김정석 wrote:
hello,

my name is jeong seok.

korean student.

i received your reply letter.
thank you very much.

recently i interested your pok project.
so i tried to install pok in windowxp.
but i don't installed.
because ,,, my low level ablility and Insufficient description.

please please answer the questions.

[pok website]
1. Download the toolchain and store it in the root directory of POK,
under the name toolchain.
(it means pok-current.tgz??)

The toolchain for Windows is no longer available. Please consider using a real OS for development, it would be more convenient for you.

2. Then, go to this directory and run configure.bat.
(i can't found configure.bat)

Yes, because the toolchain is no longer available ....

3. It may break existing installations of the cygwin environment.
(umm,, i'm windowxp user, why i need to install cygwin.)

Probably because cygwin run under windows xp ...

[user guide]
1.For cross-development tools can be retrieved from the website of the
project.
(i can't found cross-development tools.)

2.unzip the tools in a directory called crosstools, at the root
directory of the project.
(root directory is pok-current??)

Yes.

[extra]
1.i used {osate-topcased-1.5.8.201006182029PRD-win32.win32.x86} eclipse
tool. it's correct?
2.Do i need to install qemu?
3.DO i need to install arnic683 ?

POK is not related to OSATE/Eclipse. So, it does not have to deal with this software. To run the x86 target, you will indeed need qemu. Finally, arinc683 is a standard, not a software, so, you "can't" install arinc653 because it does not exist !

4.over the pok kernel, partion1 <= window, partion2 <= linux or partion1
<=process1 partion2 <=process2 ??

I really don't understand this question ...

i'm really sorry.
I know you are a busy man and I know this mail might be a waste time for
you.

- i respect you.

Ok, but the best thing would be to send your questions to the developper list and not directly to me. So, for next mails, please consider to contact directly pok-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead contacting me directly.

Thanks,

Best regards,