|Re: [non-daw] NSM, multiple instances of identical binary with nsm-proxy?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/non-daw Archives
- To: non-daw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [non-daw] NSM, multiple instances of identical binary with nsm-proxy?
- From: "J. Liles" <male@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 22:37:32 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=z7Ki+5Mog3Goo1lSplD5wAgVA/vWzKWQB4p4VQGoQic=; b=ABypGmBrS70ZtLvizWWLenVCju1xJMurjtwLd9wkTrMwog1+mPmzFvFgE+quC06eA6 vrqy49r/4QbLeRTIHuKcjz5EA7GfSiGdmG+ZRhMP9J/HMdPdyBZRKGjQba89OzMltxKm s/qsY0Enfgbx9ZONdUfeixUq6OFt6jOmqjVz4POCLakxy61nIo7I2R94myWI8GZZe7Rf 7MCKWMxCGBxIwdNZfmkPZiZZn+anYiTzJ/D1tKa/vAO783Uw6DWOYF4xkQ8qWBmqlDit VN513hG5nTqaDInVHmmhL0K1Dusq/SNVjkR0eJZsQyv0wz+6tKDV2e6YwGpW0zUr1JBy R4Pw==
Yes. You can just add multiple instances of nsm-proxy to a session and
configure each to use yoshimi (or whatever) (although yoshimi is a bad
example because there is an NSM patch for it and zynaddsubfx supports
NSM in the mainline). However, this works most reliably when the program
in question accepts a command line argument to set the JACK client name
it uses, so that $NSM_CLIENT_ID can be used and therefore give it a
unique and repeatable name for connection restoration.
On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Following the trail :-) Does NSM have ability to handle multiple instances of (say) /usr/local/bin/yoshimi using nsm-proxy?