Re: [non-daw] [petri-foo] Doesn't save and restore properly in NSM

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 7:22 AM, James Morris <james@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15/12/12 "rosea.grammostola" <rosea.grammostola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 08/21/2012 07:30 PM, James Morris wrote:
>> On 21/08/12 James Morris<james@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>
>>> cd Petri-Foo
>>> cmake . -DBuildForDebug=1
>>> make
>>> sudo make install
>>>
>>> And tell me what the debug info says. If possible
>>> subscribe and post to petri-foo-devel.
>>
>> PS run non-session-manager from a terminal to see petri-foo debug
>> info under session management.
>
>[Petri-Foo.nAYAH] 11:10:07.222 ERROR: failed to create dir 'samples'
>within '/home/derick/NSM Sessions/petri/Petri-Foo.nAYAH/'
>[nsmd] Client "Petri-Foo" replied with: OK in 7.311000ms
>.....[nsmd] Done.
>/nsm/server/save says Saved.

Sorry for my previous response to this.

It's quite straightforward to fix this so Petri-Foo responds with
ERR_UNSAVED_CHANGES rather than ERR_OK.

Is it acceptable for a client to bring up a dialog window to provide
the user with detailed information about what went wrong?

Thanks,
James.

Happy holidays... Will soon be torn away from the PC...

I think I missed something. What message are we talking about here? 'open' with ':switch;' capability?

If so, since 'save' would have been called immediately before 'open', something must have gone wrong at that point to end up in a situation where ERR_UNSAVED_CHANGES would make any sense. What's going wrong with 'save'?