Re: [non-daw] non session manager

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:02 AM, Jonathan Brickman <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mr. Liles, I am thrilled to see you working on session management :-)
>
> J.E.B.

It's been a long time coming. I started complaining about the lack of
robust session management in 2008, and I've actually been using this
system personally (without a for it GUI) since 2010.  In that time
JACK-Session came along--and did absolutely nothing to improve the
situation or address the concerns in my 2008 complaints. So, I figure
it's about time I put this stuff out there for the general public.

BTW, if you have any applications in mind that you love and consider
essential to Linux audio (other than Non-* of course) and would like
me to patch them to support NSM, I'm all ears. I've got a patch for
zynaddsubfx/yoshimi. Most of the other things I use are little JACK
utilities which don't have any state to save and load so they work
fine without being patched. Just don't say the 'A' word.