Re: [non-daw] lv2

Julien 'Lta' BALLET wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM,  <male@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010, plutek-infinity wrote:
greetings, again!

i'm curious about the lack of lv2 support in non daw -- is this a decision *against* lv2, or simply a "not done yet" thing?

cheers!

--
.pltk.

I have no interest in implementing support for LV2 at the
current time. There is simply nothing compelling about LV2
over LADSPA. I do, however, plan to support DSSI.

--
Feb 23 2010,
John Moore Liles

Hello,

Is still dssi maintained ?
lv2 is really a nice standard, but it's currently under exploited. The lv2 design is quite interesting imho and it's philosophy isn't that far from the non-things one

I'm not sure about that. LV2 is shaping up, but there's too many specifics required re. versions. John would have to recode every time a new version came out.

I might be alone here, but given the modular nature of jack, i would think dedicated lv2 hosts would be a better option, and we simply patch into them. Calf have done this successfully, and i can't see a compelling reason to add that functionality into non apps.

Alex.