|[non-daw] question about control sequences|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/non-daw Archives
- To: non-daw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [non-daw] question about control sequences
- From: michael noble <looplog@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:25:34 +0900
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=kWT/SOA4l/HYiXvQkhEExq2zi17PcyIskFhwv8wjSwA=; b=FnfIo/JqMBL0bo2YjXvwnBRo1FzwtMYNoI2rRqB3E8pPjI0ZpA/5ro/goBf2UHTzIW UliksUdcEz4bKNWL7wHTSvPhYikvej2vTLzN6vMUcr69fWUnVyJolHDfhhAWsK0vI5qi T8Nz1NQGLLfZRbI1n6vVr4q8lM6in8qcnA7uQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=q8ca9l52u6FVwQy35059/8TThpgSbnBn5XAMrQ0nAUFN4DLzcvnTPCdD6fKDiVEVMV CK2MUrLNmL/6l1t4AGpfaKvNDX7vIVMURse7zLqUzMDG2su2j4AHHoC8PhOxNJxuCc0H yVIEi54EAl9Fm4phIQTvhhpTMdYCIEN+7pfgE=
I haven't tried out your software yet, but I do enjoy the refreshing approach to aduio sequencing with only the base essentials. As you say, in true linux spirit.
Before I compile, I'd like to get some more information about control sequences if I can.
On the main website it states "Anything may be controlled by a control track, including external software supporting OSC or MIDI control"
However, on the manual is says "A control sequence can be used to control anything that can accept CV style input"
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is CV style input in the scope of OSC or MIDI? I mean, I know what it it in the world of analog synths, but I've only seen it used sparingly in the digital realm in the sense of "virtual" control ports. Do i need to translate these signals somehow, given that the majority of software doesn't accept CV style input? Can you reccomend some software to act as an intermediary to allow non daw to control say ladspa plugins in jack-rack?