|[non-daw] Suggestion and mixer question|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/non-daw Archives
- To: non-daw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [non-daw] Suggestion and mixer question
- From: Mikhail Novikov <freiksenet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 20:11:32 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=tC5Yzw9DCWqYrroDz5Ajb141u9qMQmW7Jx9sL/PsMnw=; b=vf945GSd1h5Gbb8iq2HX+dGvhDd4UwMIoLxhQsohHjUs6Z3zx/wiO55C3Q4xWIHCcT z2/+XN0YS2U7TUpZyXGxtVoujxACjIemSzAOlioXxRCeozQTVjkG2UtlH1l2GaSv+tSS ULOA4A9i98Qy3b20bUGOk7eKHoV4vgCs6WXhQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=MjdO/CodZmGgrwyE4rB+xZg85noZ30FLPdMfXfzSDukC5/jxsoTYHZUOKaI6o/TQd2 5anUF0gbeJtZxoifq6uTCH0s4U9SlgcZ3aFIFAOy8gWR0DL79kk7z0KvszejD1Zl1jNC ghggVIufNYVeJvu+MsrZNqqB6/aQPQxEsDbtU=
First let me express my deepest respect to this magnificent piece of
software - Non-Daw. After I switched to Linux and began to find out how
audio works here I was shocked how Windows (Mac Os) like all the
sequencers/DAW for Linux were. Finally I found DAW that really followed
modular concept of JACK server.
Unfortunately I could not find a suitable mixer for it. I am already
planning to write my own mixer, but before I start to do it, I wonder
which mixers current Non-Daw users use, probably I have not noticed some.
Also I have several small suggestions on how to improve Non-Daw. I think
control channels would benefit from numeric representation of intensity
of it's vertexes, at least during editing mode. In addition MIDI output
for control channels would be a good addition IMO too.
Best regards, Mikhail Novikov