Re: [hatari-users] capsimage5 not properly detected on Ubuntu 14.04 Linux src build

Am Thu, 3 Dec 2020 12:57:09 -0800
schrieb Ross Campbell <ross.campbell@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I know my Linux distro is old, however, this may be a general
> Linux/cmake issue.
> I've been able to build from git for some time, but it's probably
> been a number of months since I last built hatari from source.
>
> Today, when I did 'git pull' and then './configure && make && sudo
> make install'
>
> hatari built but cmake did not find my capsimage5 install like it is
> supposed to.
>
> After running ./configure
> My CMakeCache.txt file showed:
>
> //Path to a file.
> CAPSIMAGE_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=CAPSIMAGE_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>
> //Path to a library.
> CAPSIMAGE_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/lib/caps/libcapsimage.so
>
> That's the capsimage4 version of the shared library... so...
> I manually edited this file to:
>
> //Path to a file.
> CAPSIMAGE_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/local/include/caps5
>
> //Path to a library.
> CAPSIMAGE_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/lib/caps5/libcapsimage.so
>
> and then 'make' gets as far as:
>
> /home/rcampbel/project/hatari/src/floppy_ipf.c:35:29: fatal error:
> caps/CapsLibAll.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <caps/CapsLibAll.h>
>
> compilation terminated.
> make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/build.make:330:
> src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/floppy_ipf.c.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:657: src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/all]
> Error 2
> make: *** [Makefile:161: all] Error 2
>
> I tried setting C_INCLUDE_PATH to include /usr/local/include/caps5/

I think you have to rename /usr/local/include/caps5 to
/usr/local/include/caps now (without the trailing 5). IIRC the caps
distribution ships the file in a folder called "caps", so that's
what most users have after installing the caps library.

In the past, Hatari supported both, caps4 and caps5, so we had to
somehow distinguish the different versions and thus looked for the
files in a "caps5" folder. But after support for version 4 has been
removed, we now only support the generic "caps" folder now instead.

 HTH,
  Thomas