Re: [hatari-users] Standard 60Hz VGA mode for the Falcon030?

Am Fri, 6 Mar 2020 09:35:44 +0100
schrieb Daniel Hedberg <daniel.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 6:55 AM Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'm sorry, but Falcon Videl timings are completely non-existent in
> > Hatari. Nobody worked on that topic yet, so you cannot switch to
> > a different refresh rate yet.
> >

> Thanks for your quick reply Thomas.
>
> Any chance that the standard RGB/NTSC 60Hz, and VGA 60Hz modes will be
> supported anytime soon?

AFAIK nobody is currently working on that topic. So the answer is
likely "no".

> Alternatively, is there any easy way to detect Hatari so that I can
> prevent the demo from running on Hatari (makes no sense in running it
> when the sync to the music is drifting).

There is no official way to detect Hatari (unless you enabled the
natfeats which are off by default), and it would also be a bad idea to
add such a check - otherwise your demo also won't work in Hatari once
the Videl timings have been improved.

I'd either write a big fat warning in your README.TXT file, or if you
really need a check: Install a VBL handler that increments a variable,
then wait for a second (e.g. using Timer-C during your title screen),
then check the counter. If it is less than 59, the machine certainly
does not provide the right timings.

 Thomas