[hatari-users] My Hatari Laptop

Dear Hatari,

I am a professional computer musician, and have always used Cubase as my preferred music software. I use it for producing teaching sheets, composition demos, and a practice tool, for mastering new pieces of music.

As I have watched and meet people in the music industry, I have noticed that the Atari Cubase setup, is still used and preferred by many musicians, and wondered if Hatari could offer me a professional system, running an old version of Atari Steinberg Cubase; rather than looking for a secondhand Atari ST or Falcon, which could have support and other problems.

The specifications for this project, are as follows:

  1. I would prefer a laptop computer for this project.
  2. I would like to run, Steinberg Cubase Score, or Cubase Audio, Atari versions, one only. Specifications below 4.
  3. I would like a midi in/out interface, one of each to start with, but maybe more later on.
  4. Native audio, 3.5mm stereo jack output, 3.5mm stereo jack line input.
  5. Good enough to use in a professional environment.

CUBASE SCORE

  . 128 tracks MIDI sequencer

  . complete score editor

  . MIDI events editor

  . drum set editor

  . MIDI synthesiser editor (SyEx)

  . integrated additional modules:

    Arpeggiator, General MIDI Menu, SysEx Editor.

  . possibility to use external modules:

    Studio Module, Cue Trax, Style Trax.

. Category:

  . MIDI sequencer

. Requirements:

  . Atari 520/1040 ST(f/e) / Mega ST(e) / TT / Falcon.

  . RAM: 2 MB minimum supported, 4 MB recommended.

CUBASE AUDIO

  . 64 tracks MIDI sequencer

  . 8 audio tracks with effects (2 by track: reverb, chorus or

equalisation) or 16 audio tracks without effects.

  . complete score editor

  . MIDI events editor

  . drum set editor

  . MIDI synthesizer editor (SyEx)

  . integrated additional modules:

    Arpeggiator, General MIDI Menu, SysEx Editor.

  . possibility to use external modules:

    Studio Module, Cue Trax, Style Trax.

Category:

  . MIDI sequencer

  . Audio recorder

Requirements:

  . Falcon.

  . RAM: 4 MB minimum supported, 14 MB recommended.

  . 1 GB hard-disk

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Yours truly, Robin Heath