Re: [hatari-users] Hatari 2.2.1 has been released

Le 10/02/2019 à 17:55, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:45:58 +0100
schrieb tuxic@xxxxxxxxx:

Why does the HATARI devs use a broken CAPSLIB5 and expect GENTOO devs
to fix it?

  Hi,

Hatari also supports capslib 4.2, which should be working fine. The
support for capslib 5.1 is there because it works when you fix up the
broken header files of the library on your own. But I wonder why Gentoo
devs ship these broken headers in their distro ... there must be other
programs affected by this issue, too? Anyway, with the work-around it
should be fine for Hatari now.

Hi

yes, I also wonder why gentoo didn't notice some headers were incomplete. I think FS-UAE also use capslib 5.1, but IIRC the fixed capslib sources are directly included in fs-uae, unlike Hatari.

So maybe gentoo included capslib 5.1 but no software in gentoo really depends on it, which explains why no one saw the problem and the package is not fixed ?

Nicolas