Re: [hatari-users] Window resizing

For good experience you should switch to fullscreen. This grabs the mouse and selects resolution closest to Hatari window size which your monitor will scale to fullscreen (on slow machines letting the monitor do scaling provides fastest results).

	- Eero

On 10.11.2015 22:20, Miguel Cardoso wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I figured it would be a limitation with the library, looking forward to see the SDL2 switch.
If adding some more software zooming choices isn't too hard that would be nice, I suppose scaling up by some larger integer numbers wouldn't be hard?Right now the emulator window is really small on today's monitors it kinda breaks the experience when you compare the emulator against Steem SSE for instance since the gameplay area is so small. If there was a way to add some larger zoom levels (up to 1080p) that would be a perfect stopping point until the SDL2 switch.
Thanks
Miguel

       From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx>
  To: hatari-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [hatari-users] Window resizing

  Hi,

Am Mon, 26 Oct 2015 04:09:51 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb Miguel Cardoso <miguel_cardosso@xxxxxxxxx>:

I'd like to request one feature for Hatari and that would be the
ability to manually resize the window while running the game in
windowed mode, not sure if this is already possible, but I tried
searching for such a setting and couldn't find anything.The static
zoom levels always end up with pretty small windows so the ability to
manually resize the window would be great, aspect ratio could still
be enforced of course. Is this something possible to add? Thanks

The screen convert functions that take care of the ST/STE resolutions
unfortunately can not scale to arbitrary zoom levels yet. We
theoretically could add some more software zooming here ... but it's
likely easier to wait till we switched to SDL2 by default, since SDL2
supports proper hardware accelerated zooming. So yes, this can be
added, but it will take a while till we get there (since there are some
other issues with SDL2 that I'd like to get solved first).

  Thomas