Re: [hatari-users] RESET instruction and MFP

Le 29/08/2012 23:47, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 29/08/2012 22:26, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
Hello.

I use Hatari 1.6.2 on Windows.

Basically, the RESET assembler instruction does not correctly reset the
MFP.

Just tested on my real STe:
After a RESET instruction, the MFP IERB (0xfffffa09) is reset to 0.

But with Hatari, the IERB is unchanged after a RESET instruction, and
the MFP interrupts are still enabled. This can lead to wrong behavior in
programs which use the RESET instruction (I hit that with EmuTOS).

I suppose that the situation is the same with the MFP IERA (0xfffffa07).

This looks like a Hatari bug.

Hello

it's true "reset" is not always propagated to all the peripherals right
now (I added a few ones for specific cases when needed, but not all of
them).

We already have a "MFP_Reset" function, but it's only called on
warm/cold hardware reset, not on the reset instruction (in hatari-glue.c
customreset() )

I add this to my todo list to check what is required and if no side
effect appears.

Nicolas

Hello

MFP_Reset and FDC_Reset are now called when executing the RESET instruction. This should fix the problem you saw under EmuTOS.

Nicolas