Re: [hatari-devel] SCU/VME register access?

On 11.6.2024 0.04, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
using the linux image you sent me, I ran hatari with :

hatari  --machine tt --tos tos306fr.img --dsp off --fpu 68882 --mmu on -s 14 --ttram 64 --addr24 off -c lilo.cfg --lilo "debug=nfcon root=/dev/ram ro init=/init" --trace vme

then I see (this is a work in progress version with SCU support)

scu write sys_int mask ff8e01=0x10 pc=3aa022
scu write vme_int mask ff8e0d=0x60 pc=3aa028

writing 0x10 at ff8e01 allows vsync interrupt (but not hsync), but then the linux boot shows lots of line "unexpected interrupt from 112". And 112 is 0x70, which is VBL interrupt.

so it's strange that linux allows vsync interrupt but then shows some errors about interrupt 112 (and in the source code at https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/linux-m68k.git/tree/arch/m68k/atari/ataints.c#n304 it says vbl is enabled for the cursor)

and when I run above line with --machine falcon and --tos tos404.img then I get a kernel crash with a dump of the backtrace.

That's expected. There's no supported file system in RAM, so kernel panics when the indicated /dev/ram root file system is missing.

For that you would need to tell Linux to use initrd, and provide its name in lilo.cfg.

I would instead suggest using one of the 2 regular root disk images I provided, as IDE disk: "--ide-master name-of.img" + "--lilo '... root=/dev/sda ...'".

(IDE because Hatari SCSI emulation is not good enough for Linux.)

Can you share the command you run in falcon mode to get a booting linux ?

Btw. Add "--natfeats on" option to Hatari. From Hatari console history it's much easier to see what Linux initially complained about (than from emulated Atari screen where the relevant part of error quickly scrolls out of view)...