Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Minor patch for InfoPlist.strings (only relevant for macOS)

Le 14/04/2024 à 16:25, Andreas Grabher a écrit :

Am 01.04.2024 um 22:29 schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Am 01.04.2024 um 19:45 schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello all,

may I suggest this minor GUI fix for macOS (patch appended)?

Short description:
On macOS the short version string is usually just the version itself. You can see this for example in the appended "textedit get info": "Version: 1.19". On current Hatari this reads: "Version: Hatari version 2.4.1" which is somehow strange. Also it does not make much sense to add the language to the version string as on macOS the application is identical for all localizations. Furthermore Apple for some reason always adds the Copyright sign after the word copyright. You can also see this on the appended screenshots.

Regards,
Andreas

<hatari get info.png>
<hatari about.png>
<textedit about.png>
<textedit get info.png>
<InfoPlist.diff>

I just noticed that CFBundleGetInfoString is obsolete since Mac OS X 10.6. As Hatari supports 10.9 (or probably 10.13) and later this could be removed.

Another addition to my first message:

I think we only need to translate NSHumanReadableCopyright and NSMicrophoneUsageDescription. So the InfoPlist.strings could look like this (example from Previous):

English:
/* Localized versions of Info.plist keys */

NSHumanReadableCopyright = "Copyright © 2011-2024 by Andreas Grabher, Simon Schubiger, Gilles Fetis and others (see readme.previous.txt)";
NSMicrophoneUsageDescription = "Previous needs access to your microphone for sound input.";

French:
/* Localized versions of Info.plist keys */

NSHumanReadableCopyright = "Copyright © 2011-2024 par Andreas Grabher, Simon Schubiger, Gilles Fetis et autres (voir readme.previous.txt)";
NSMicrophoneUsageDescription = "Previous a besoin d'accéder à votre microphone pour l'entrée sonore.";

The french translation is by google translator. So maybe someone in here can check and improve it.

Hi

regarding these changes, were you able to check the result on real macOS to confirm it works ? If so I can push similar changes to Hatari