[hatari-devel] IDE LBA-48 not working

Hello,

Has anybody successfully tested LBA-48? As far as I can tell it does not
work. I created a drive image of about 250 GB and used it for an emulated
SCSI drive. With the SCSI drive there were no issues. Then I used the same
drive image for IDE and noticed that some of the data written by the SCSI
emulation were not present.
I investigated further and found that this appears to be related to the
LBA-48 mode. The last sector where Hatari returned the same data for (i.e.
the same for IDE and for SCSI) was sector 268435455, which is 2^28 - 1. This
is the last sector where LBA-28 still works. For sector 268435456 Hatari IDE
returns data, at least not those this sector actually contains. Hatari does
not even log that the sector was accessed. When writing to this sector it is
similar: There is no error, nothing is logged, but the data are not written.

Best regards

Uwe