[hatari-devel] Feature idea/question: primitive memory manager

it's possible this has been discussed/asked in the past (maybe even by myself ;-)) but I can't remember anymore.

Is there any technical reason why Hatari couldn't provide a simple memory manager watching an application's memory writes and reporting if writing outside of the allocated area? From my naive perspective:
This sounds too good to be true. So what am I missing?

This would tremendously help with debugging software because right now if something crashes in FreeMiNT, one has to install the whole setup, enable all the "slow" checkboxes to make FreeMiNT+MP happy and in general the experience is pretty terrible.