Re: [hatari-devel] Recent symbolic keyboard mapping change

On 11.9.2023 4.03, Brad Smith wrote:
it's determined by TOS country code, or if machine has NVRAM, then by
NVRAM keyboard layout setting.

Yes, that's what I'm using already. Hatari was already doing most of this
work in tos.c, and I simply added a function to send the result to the
keyboard system (with the option for manual override).

Whatever changes you already have related to this, could you send them as
initial draft patch series?

Yes I will send them when I'm finished preparing them. I didn't want to
bring it up until then, but with Thomas declaring an intent to remove it in
the near future it felt necessary to speak on it now.

The changes are not large or complicated. I am putting the 16 layouts in
their own header file.

Having the headers in their own sub dir is probably best (maybe named something like kbd or layouts).

I won't be finished in the next few days, there are several things higher
priority for me at the moment, but I should be able to find the time for it
in the relatively near future.

No problem, nobody's in hurry here. :-)