Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari macOS builds - handover need?

Am 24.04.2023 um 19:52 schrieb Troed Sångberg <troed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Indeed this is why I sponsored Hatari with a cert for my builds.

Let me see how to handle forwards.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 19:41, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/04/2023 22.38, Chris Jenkins wrote:

> > It works, with caveats:
> > - Hatari starts ok if I right click and click Open. It's unsigned so
> I have
> > to open it that way.
>
> That only happens during the first time you run the app, right? Or does
> that happen every time you try to run the app?
>

> This happens every time I run the app.
[...]
> One thing I should add: this Hatari binary asks for permission to use my
> microphone every time that I launch it :-(. So I assume that's another
> permission that has to be granted every time that the unsigned app is launched.

Hmm, this all sounds like providing unsigned apps is too annoying nowadays
on macOS. I guess I should rather stop my experiments with cirrus-CI here
and let somebody else handle the macOS builds instead who has a proper
developer ID from Apple. (And no, I certainly won't get one on my own - I
certainly won't pay 99$ a year for something that I'm not using on my own)

Thomas

You don‘t need a paid ID for signing. Just follow the instructions from my previous message and you will end up with a distributable binary. It will only ask once for every permission (first start, first time microphone used, first access to certain folders).