Re: [hatari-devel] Demangle option for gst2ascii & internal Symbol_Load() command

On Montag, 27. Februar 2023 22:03:32 CET Eero Tamminen wrote:

> However, I've already added more generic mechanism for being able to

> autoload demangled symbols in Hatari:

Yes, i've seen that. But i thought that having the support in hatari is easier to handle, since you don't have to create a separate *.sym file, which also has the potential danger of being out-of-sync with the program if you forget to recreate it.

>I wonder why '.' "assembly prefix" handling in�

>"demangle_it()" is necessary, is somebody really using mangled names in�

>m68k assembly?

I'm not sure either, but this is how it is done in the original program:https://github.com/th-otto/binutils/blob/736748e986ded9c6e57620fcb7d3f668ee73d046/binutils/cxxfilt.c#L52-L77

Maybe for hatari that isn't relevant, since such symbols are usually filtered out later.