Re: [hatari-devel] Bad sound in Monscape demo

On 5.12.2022 23.23, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 05/12/2022 à 21:22, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
Under hatari, the sound plays OK, but after some times, it starts to glitch and crackle, and again, after some time, it becomes good again, ... It's a cyclic event (maybe a sinusoidal event, when sound goes from perfect to glitchy).

I think some Falcon demos with glitchy sound are using this 0 0 0 technic to mix.
when doing the ym2149 clock improvement with no roundings for 2.4.1
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=f91714f2903679186431b23a7cf57f91efa37ee8

I fixed some cases where floating point was used to replace them with integer math where errors is accumulated to keep it at the lowest level.

there're still many places in falcon crossbar where floating point math is used, I think they should be replaced too to improve sound quality.

Can't tell if this will fix the problem reported by you en Eero, but it's certainly a needed fix.

Monscape is a TT demo running in TT-high mode, not a Falcon one.