Re: [hatari-devel] Win32 console patch

On 6.11.2022 21.09, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Sonntag, 6. November 2022 15:48:59 CET Christian Zietz wrote:
Did you ever find time to check your patch for that?

Checked that now, revised patch attached below. It compiles, but i currently
get a link error (undefined referenced to WinMain; i noticed that
libSDL2main.a is linked too, maybe the SDL2.cmake is causing troubles now? I'm
quite sure i successfully compiled it on windows not so long ago).

It seems that some (ahem) Windows users have trouble
providing debug traces via the separate window (-W option).

Remember that this patch only is active when you run hatari from a console. If
you run it from the desktop, you still have to use the -W switch.

AllocConsole() and AttachConsole() return values.

Can they be (stored somewhere and) and freed / detached when not needed?

I.e. should there be a corresponding Windows specific close function, that gets called from main.c at exit?