|Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon tests|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon tests
- From: Daniel Hedberg <daniel.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 11:57:40 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=3DMOFv8Ehar4MCPzIfaYlSodWAnTbrfBTRjByMvyDuY=; b=cxAGoK4tWsSXddFhzu5OGB0jckTgWOO5OeaByMkdeaa0mffe6y8TbV0IAVcA6Mi/xJ JEVM4kHlC7zxkrSQ2hohw3NIUHDcU7vIWtGjYdxTpWYQ5f1dgQ1VcvZZgVaP6jo1ifiZ cYmP7Df7VX3U+vvJQKHwypdHBvBMWlxYu5nG7G6lG0zMlRSgwLH3U5Uqc2ZC3vxPuJT5 IQos/CogJf7TaQZhP67Wc6ZFKkp0KrTVq6nvN/vZPI8wUHGkqEcOIxYFNjX+eW+Psif9 rNP2zrnVoFYhNf5XEbekNMYWVGwk/6Be7w4VgOyctge7YU2QaVvcCPGzxOkXwRU7B4zN uUJg==
One of the issues is lack of Videl emulation. Hatari uses a fixed refresh rate ignoring the Videl configuration.
On 5.6.2022 0.19, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 01/06/2022 à 23:33, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
>> Many demos suffers sound speed, glitches or unsynchro between sound
>> and effects.
>> It seems that the effects run too fast, or the Falcon DMA sound too
>> slow, I don't know.
> the demos are often using dsp to play the music (mp2 decoder for
> example), which makes it harder to isolate the problem.
> does someone know a demo (or a program) for falcon that just plays DMA
> sample using ff8903/05/07 (similar to the STE's DMA sound).
Demos listed in the compatibility list that are marked to:
* Use sound
* Not require DSP to function
* Music being there only if DSP is enabled
Are good candidates for that. I can go through them today with DSP
disabled, to check whether any of them has bad audio.
As none of them is supposed to have problems, it's a good regression
check in any case.
> I would need to check DMA play mode->DAC first before checking DSP->DAC
> Or if someone already has a simple asm code to init crossbar + play a
> small sample with dma , that would be handy too and would save me time
> instead of doing it myself :)