Re: [hatari-devel] An issue with a demo "We Were @" by Oxygene

On 28.3.2021 15.16, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 28/03/2021 à 14:02, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
I got his answer via PM over Atari-forum that he tested it with Steem.

Did he mention anything whether he's going to fix
the demo HD version to work with actual HDs?

(And Hatari GEMDOS HD emulation?)

if he really needs the whole memory to run the demo, then I guess it's unlikely he will fix it to work with our gemdos hd emulation. The main difference with steem is that steem handle hd emulation "inside the emulator" (in the emulator code), while hatari relies on a cartridge part that runs 68000 code and requires some TOS memory/variables to work.

I think real HD drivers need even more.

I don't think one can really claim something
to be a "HD version" if only thing it works with
is STEem GEMDOS emulation, and not with real HDs
(and their drivers)...