Re: [hatari-devel] Happy birthday, Hatari!

Am Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:00:09 +0100
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Happy birthday, Hatari!
>
> According to Hatari's doc/release-notes.txt file, the very first
> version of Hatari, version 0.01, has been released 20 years ago, on
> the 21st of May 2001. To celebrate the birthday, I'd like to
> reminisce a little bit about the beginning...

Thank you for this insight!

I remember well the first 0.01 and 0.02 release, esp. the latter which
was the first to do something moving on screen.

Up to 0.03 speed was still too fast but I remember that suddenly with
0.04 or so game speed was ok and stuffs became playable.

I totally loved the idea to have a decent open source ST emulator for
Linux and I have supported the project ever since.

I don't remember when i started doing the manual but I remember it was
a bare text file first that I started to convert to HTML.

Happy Birthday, Hatari!

I also remember meeting thothy at the Paracon party in Niederselters. I
am not sure if it was either 2004 or 2005 but that rocked.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
https://final-memory.org/