Re: [hatari-devel] Possible bug in 060 exception stack frames

 > FScc, FDBcc and FTRAPcc does not modify FPIAR

Hm, are you sure about this? The manual states:

"For the subset of the FPU instructions that generate exception traps, the 32-bit FPIAR is loaded with the logical address of the instruction before the processor executes it."

And why are they zero now? Shouldn't that still be the address of the previous FPU instruction, like it was before your recent changes? Guess that has to verified on real hardware.

Yes, I tested it with real 68040, those 3 instructions won't modify FPIAR. FPIAR probably is zero because test loads all registers with zero (Using FMOVEM.L) before running the test.

I think this is yet another case of documentation writer not being clear enough ("looking through FPU colored glasses"). I am sure it should say "generate arithmetic exception traps", not any possible exception.

 >Not sure why SNAN test does not work. Does it even cause an exception?

I addes a printf in fpsr_check_arithmetic_exception (the value is the FPSR). This is what i get with 060:

It looks like some early softload nan/invalid value detection functions won't check for signalling nan. I'll debug this later today.