Re: [hatari-devel] TT original FPU: 68882 or 68881?

On 6 Jan 2021 at 19:12, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> I was checking TT HW reference for SCU reg specs, and noticed this:
>
> "The TT includes a socketed Motorola MC68881 Floating Point Coprocessor.
> The MC68881 can be removed and replaced with the hardware compatible
> MC68882. There is a slight software difference in the size of the
> exception stack frames, but it is possible to write software that will
> run transparently with either part."
>
> Hatari configures TT with 68882, but maybe we
> should actually use 68881, if TT machines were
> shipped with that...?

The Field Service Manual that I have specifies an MC68881.  However, my copy of
"Current Notes" (December 1990) reprints Atari news releases at COMDEX that
year, and they say that the TT has a 68882.

Would you like me to check what my TTs are equipped with?

Roger