Re: [hatari-devel] Shalll we remove deprecated features like SDL 1.2 now?

As a macOS user, I have no objection to removing SDL 1.2 support. I found SDL 1.2 far buggier when I had to use it for Hatari. As previously mentioned, SDL 2 is the only actively maintained version.

Ever since the WinUAE core became the default, I have not gone back to the old core. For a typical user, I do not see a reason to maintain the old core.

Right now, I am more interested in whether Troed is able to generate a Universal binary for Hatari. When I complied it, I received a strange error when attempting to run it on my new M1 MacBook Air.

In case you receive any bug reports, there appears to be a bug in Rosetta 2 (Intel translation layer) that causes gamepads and joysticks to be seen but not usable. It appears to be at the SDL layer. The only emulator that works for me on the M1 is a C64 emulator (VirtualC64) that was built for the Mac only and uses the latest frameworks (and does not use SDL).

Bob C