Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari help output on Windows

Eero Tamminen schrieb:

> Could somebody building Hatari for Windows comment on this?

There's not much to comment really. It's true. When building an
executable for the GUI subsystem, there is no console output. There
might not even be a console, if the .exe is launched e.g. by
double-clicking in the Explorer. And if the .exe is launched from the
command line, it detaches from the console. (This is BTW why Hatari has
the -W option for the debugger.)

Since I build Hatari myself, I changed the linker flags to build for the
console subsytem: -mconsole. Before that, I always patched that field in
the header [1] of Hatari binaries with a hexeditor. Note that this has
the side-effect of *opening* a console window when Hatari is not started
from the console, which might confuse users.

Regards
Christian

[1]
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/pe-format#windows-subsystem