|Re: [hatari-devel] Printing Directly to a Printer|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Printing Directly to a Printer
- From: Marshall Lake <marshallelake@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 11:12:16 -0700 (MST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:date:to:subject:in-reply-to:message-id:references:user-agent :mime-version; bh=uXtpsgBWnXTw0up90BXLTsqIhpQX/ms85rb8WMdTrtA=; b=nA4SM+UUxW+89HcekVvwHTnai5orjSBoMxaJTrhv6/eCio4qFnrhHTLBK9u9JOjfB/ DdMMNJJ5SBI+ShVSGwx0dOhcFs2UFv+EXzsMQcP+V+j1gfoUVDyCbpQMhZsbHa1OYNYe voSgCkaWJXT9iWj0TzQZ6KhPqti2SiNKJlb2kxGFyW/Jc3iHkL4VbWSxZjg+EslW2Qxb p5qEjPV6U90z1+AoW3xZZkS7/dgXqHSXCjczWcb1SeuSREvHmqpRlxfZQFqthrpW1HN6 3oMU7dNK1k5Rezue5rGG5U6QG8mEycRw/ayhoXZFHeSyjIGoo3r600MYuTkda+Ik3qV3 Uyxg==
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:37:24 -0700 (MST)
schrieb Marshall Lake <marshallelake@xxxxxxxxx>:
Can the following be used in Hatari to print directly to a printer ?
lpr = popen ("lpr", "w");
fprintf (lpr, "%s", buf);
That certainly requires FreeMiNT and depends on your setup of your "lpr"
If you just want to send some ASCII character to the parallel port, it
might be better to use the "PRN:" pseudo-file with Fopen() instead. See
I don't quite understand, but that is probably due to my lack of knowledge
of the Hatari code (I have 0 knowledge). I don't understand why the code
would rely upon FreeMiNT.
I also do not have much knowledge of the various Linux distros. But ...
I'm under the impression that lpr is a standard facility across distros.
I'm involved in a Linux-only project which uses lpr/popen to print ASCII
text and there's never been a complaint that printing doesn't function
Marshall Lake -- marshallelake@xxxxxxxxx -- http://www.mlake.net