Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3

The third choice is good for me. I like it.

Le 16 oct. 2020 21:46, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi,

On 10/16/20 3:16 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 16/10/2020 à 12:24, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> At the moment we have :
>
> hatari.desktop
> Comment=Run old Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon software
>
> I'm not really fan of "Run old software" ; is it an emulator, is it a
> compatibility layer like Wine for example ?

I had taken it from the Debian package patch, but
you're right, Hatari supports also new Atari SW
just fine, so "old" should be removed.

> I'd rather use :
> Comment=Emulator for Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon computers

I'm smelling bike-shedding... :-)

What description others would prefer for Hatari?

1. Run Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon software
2. Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator
3. Emulator for Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon computers
4. Something else?

Note: this text is typically visible in
application desktop icon tooltip.

> hatariui.desktop
> Comment=Gtk UI for Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon) emulator
>
> Also in hatariui.desktop, shouldn't it be (change right ')' ) ?
> Comment=Gtk UI for Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator)

Yes, that's better.