|Re: [hatari-devel] New SYNC release - new comment on emulation :)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] New SYNC release - new comment on emulation :)
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:43:35 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1597581817; bh=LikpszXWYYABhs2Qf4FUtMyS4yvTXzLafIlDhOTTWwE=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=j9nNiI/FwSfS4PyvrvrftL2EsV0IgzGitDdWMBl9Z4todPyNvOlWSw2rWtNs8n4vb tfyp5rIXoGbBcj9PwsP5W+yP/1Xpu/dJWBwLZvFIh6NoENY+0XGWEYwNxvvC34AMfv 58BhUbauu6XIk6FFi+GWhdNbu5t/Z8z6iVzmVf9TMYRRW8NsjVrii/dc6F4ICj8kjz 8wmELx7Lfl4GOQrDwQCdqBPrJm/MqW8Rl8i/AslwRbhO3ABs2HscVC8ZlkqrBathWV V1eLFEpBSykTSFvzLfg99c0HAV5QAv1AvrMyWmem+AP1PTnwicluKt5OnJG/Dul9RK +SawrEfgGr4GQ==
Am Sun, 16 Aug 2020 13:59:01 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Le 16/08/2020 à 11:15, Thomas Huth a écrit :
> >> As pointed in the other part of this thread, those extra lines
> >> won't be displayed for now, because Hatari needs a more flexible
> >> way to increase window's height.
> > We already have ConfigureParams.Screen.nMaxHeight, so IIRC users can
> > already adjust the maximum height of the borders with that
> > setting... could this simply be extened to these additional lines
> > now, too?
> I think nMaxHeight is not enough, because we want to specify separate
> values for height in top order and height in bottom border. Having
> only a global height for the screen is ambiguous.
> Similarly, we need one day to have separate values for the number of
> pixels to display in left and in right border ; having only a global
> width variable is not enough and is ambiguous too (because in
> overscan mode the number of added pixels is not the same in left
> border and in right border)
Hmm, we've had this in the past already, but it has been removed in
commit 460b4572ab6b7d37c8e952b99c9916acc31c3d17 ... IIRC we considered
that this was too complicated for most users, so we switched to
something more userfriendly instead. Not sure whether it's such a good
idea to re-introduce these settings...?