Re: [hatari-devel] Issues after recent WinUAE CPU core changes

On 6/1/20 7:49 PM, Toni Wilen wrote:
Issue goes away only when I disable *both* 030 cache emulation and
prefetch with:
--cpu-exact off --compatible off

Disabling just one of them isn't enough.

68030 + MMU + prefetch has been broken for long time

MMU support is not that old, 030 MMU + cache
support was added some time in 2017, and many bugs
were still fixed in 2018.

Do you remember how long ago the above combo was
fully working (in winAUE CPU core version)?

> (It might have accidentally worked in some
> situations)

There were quite a lot of mystery crashes on user-
space entry / exit also earlier, so I'm not too
surprised about that. :-)

It was fixed (at least Amix boots again) only 1-2 weeks ago.

I was testing Hatari version that had Nicolas' CPU core updates from yesterday.

I'll hope to have time to bisect it this evening.
Happily it's fully reproducible.