Re: [hatari-devel] Allowing/supporting additional ST-RAM amounts?

Am Wed, 15 Apr 2020 01:47:23 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On 4/13/20 6:27 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Sat, 4 Apr 2020 00:05:27 +0300
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> What else than the attached patch is needed to properly support
> >> additional ST-RAM amount?
> >
> > The GUI should be updated accordingly, too, I think.
>
> Does the attached patch look OK?

Looks ok to me. Maybe replace
 STRamEnd = ConfigureParams.Memory.STRamSize_KB * 1024;
with
 STRamEnd = STMemory_CorrectSTRamSize();
instead of calling it additionally?

> >> I'm asking because the real max ST-RAM limit for TT and MegaSTE
> >> machines is 10MB (not 8MB nor 14MB that Hatari currently allows).
> >
> > If 10 MB is a valid configuration, I guess we should allow it,
> > too... the difference shouldn't matter on normal ST/STEs since
> > their real maximum was 4 MB anyway, and on Falcon we could simply
> > fall back to 8MB after showing a warning to the user.
>
> I opted selecting next Falcon mem amount on
> assumption that user selected memory amount so that it's enough for
> his/her use-case, so using
> smaller one wouldn't be right.
>
> Should something about this be mentioned in
> manual page too?

I think it's enough to issue a warning in this case (which your patch
is doing already).