Re: [hatari-devel] Blitter support for TT?

On 13 Feb 2020 at 15:26, Uwe Seimet wrote:

> Is it possible to provide blitter support also for the TT? Of course, this
> should not be the default configuration, but having this option would be
> useful for certain testing scenarios.
> I'm aware that this would provide the blitter hardware only, without any
> support by TOS, but for my purposes this would be sufficient.

IIRC, TOS3 tests for the presence of blitter hardware & will use it if present.
Of course, real Atari blitter hardware only uses 24 bit addressing.  So I think
that if real blitter hardware was present on a TT with TT-RAM, TOS3 would
probably crash fairly quickly.

However, blitter support in Hatari uses 32 bits if the address space is 32
bits, so it might actually work OK.  Whether it's a good idea is of course up
to the Hatari developers.

Roger