Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari Debugger Symbols

On 12/9/19 7:14 AM, Markus Fröschle wrote:
I'm currently struggling with the Hatari debugger trying to find a
problem in a resident program (terminating with a Ptermres() call).

Is there a way to retain/reload the program's symbols after Ptermres()?

Yes to both.

Hatari config file [Debugger] section [1]
"bSymbolsResident" option controls whether
(autoloaded) symbols will be removed when program
exits.

You can also load symbols at any point with the "symbols" command, either from separate (ASCII)
symbols file, or from a program binary that
includes a symbol table.  Manual gives several
examples on different ways to do that.

	- Eero

[1] I just split debugger documentation to
a separate manual.  I'll add there a section
about debugger specific config options.
-----------
[Debugger]
nNumberBase = 10