|Re: [hatari-devel] "Desktop Info..." freezes with VDI mode|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] "Desktop Info..." freezes with VDI mode
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 09:43:38 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1573980220; bh=CP14070FFsEXf/wr/XmpTe+EhOu1H9cnW5lVEsOz2Xs=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=NFU0ZkxyYN3iLUxE3AHW0WxmrwGGT7R71rE0Dc3U3RfmwNwHTJ0VZOnPfrzW+sNyV juc9HQQD12NLEeki2jMAOQulEjRiMSyHx/Y3rISqUAPuBbAddPk+0G1HQH+Q2vwOKC jSrK3FcgcWBwh24AbRPHTa/rBbAItp3FDHy+7/GGqibPjiVg5repqes4N85GqBXIWA laUkcM+qDNO8bB9CyPdPZ93FpNrtUoPHE04omZsKihwIUvRGwT8fUwurmMt1sFZ57L sKoAVlT0iTKsYOl8Xl1uoJzUZDOv0ban3gTIMyM3g/k6NFKviQWcvM3yFMdv6GX8ve eexCUrtyHNSMw==
Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 09:03:09 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Le 17/11/2019 à 01:23, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > On 11/17/19 12:34 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> >> the title says it freezes in VDI mode, but is it only when using
> >> VDI mode + TT mode ? If so, that's strange that TOS reads $fffaa1
> >> instead of $fffa21, I wonder why they changed that.
> > No, freeze was with all the TOS versions changing the Atari logo
> > color(s), i.e. from TOS 1.04 (ST) onwards.
> Then I don't understand why it was necessary to read $fffaa1 ? Or is
> it just TOS 3 that reads it ?
This bug has nothing to do with TOS 3 / TT mode, sorry for the
confusion. It only happens with TOS 1.04 (and 1.06, I think), where
you've got the rainbow effect in the TOS log.
I just mentioned the TT since I removed the check for the ST MFP here:
if ( IoAccessCurrentAddress == 0xfffa21 )
.... since as far as I can see, the display enable signal is wired to
the TT MFP, too, so this check is not required as far as I know.
The real bug fix for the rainbow effect is to use "else" here instead.
We've had this logic with "else" in the past already:
.... but the "else" got lost during your rewrite of the MFP code. That's
also why I'm pretty sure that we need the "else" here again.