Re: [hatari-devel] "Desktop Info..." freezes with VDI mode

Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 09:03:09 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 17/11/2019 à 01:23, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 11/17/19 12:34 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> >> the title says it freezes in VDI mode, but is it only when using
> >> VDI mode + TT mode ? If so, that's strange that TOS reads $fffaa1
> >> instead of $fffa21, I wonder why they changed that.
> >
> > No, freeze was with all the TOS versions changing the Atari logo
> > color(s), i.e. from TOS 1.04 (ST) onwards.
>
> Then I don't understand why it was necessary to read $fffaa1 ? Or is
> it just TOS 3 that reads it ?

This bug has nothing to do with TOS 3 / TT mode, sorry for the
confusion. It only happens with TOS 1.04 (and 1.06, I think), where
you've got the rainbow effect in the TOS log.

I just mentioned the TT since I removed the check for the ST MFP here:

 if ( IoAccessCurrentAddress == 0xfffa21 )

.... since as far as I can see, the display enable signal is wired to
the TT MFP, too, so this check is not required as far as I know.

The real bug fix for the rainbow effect is to use "else" here instead.
We've had this logic with "else" in the past already:

 https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/src/mfp.c?id=v2.2.0#n1642

.... but the "else" got lost during your rewrite of the MFP code. That's
also why I'm pretty sure that we need the "else" here again.