Re: [hatari-devel] ImPerfect Falcon 512b demo?

On 7/14/19 3:32 PM, Miro Kropáček wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 12:40, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(Which doesn't make much sense to me, why one would slow down his
demo by relying on instruction emulation, instead of building
the demo with real 060 support?)

How would you build e.g. a sinus table without it? To me it seems much
crazier to use fixed point math than relying on (precisely) emulated FPU
instructions.

For 512b demo startup, that indeed does sound better alternative,
although it limits its run-time environment quite a bit, if it
runs only with CT TOS.

In larger demo one might include a pre-calculated lookup table to
make it more compatible.  Or if that lookup is too large, use a
smaller pre-calculated one and calculated larger one at run-time
e.g. with linear interpolation?